Who We Are:
Controlled at the community level, Family Connection is present in every county in Georgia. It is the largest statewide network of communities in the nation that have made a commitment to improve results for children and families.
We are a partnership of organizations working with families to; a) research the needs of children and families in our community, and b) work together to address those needs.
Our Over-Arching Vision:
“All Children in Dawson County will have the opportunity to become successful, contributing, productive and self-sustaining adults.”
We pursue that vision by:
- addressing the root causes of problems
- building on cultural and other strengths
- pooling resources
- engaging an extraordinary diversity of community members
- committing to a long-term process of planning, implementation, and evaluation
Using a family-centered approach; schools, health and human service agencies, businesses, the faith community, law enforcement, nonprofit organizations, civic clubs, and others work together with families, focusing on academics, physical and mental health, nurturing parenting, economic success, and community service. We tap existing resources, streamline systems to be more efficient and effective, and initiate new projects like those listed below.
A Few of Our Organizational Partners
- Dawson County School System
- Dawson County and Dawsonville City Government
- Dawson County Sheriff’s Department
- Department of Family & Children Services
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Juvenile Justice
- Dawson County Chamber of Commerce
- As well as several prominent businesses, community action agencies and civic organizations
Some of the projects & activities that have been initiated through this process
- School-based youth healthcare services
- Mentoring Program
- School Resource Officers
- Alliance of Churches
- CAPA-Community Action and Prevention Alliance (substance abuse prevention)
- Back-to-School Supply Drive
- Prevent Child Abuse Dawson
- Underage Drinking Prevention
Many of these have become non-profit agencies or are now operated by another organization.
Please join with us through financial support (tax deductible) and/or active participation to achieve our goal. Your help is greatly appreciated!